Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'd been slamming and did an OCLT last night and failed (went down 2 ppm) as well as having some CC that wasn't there yesterday. However, it rained moderately hard last night, so that could have been the cause, right?

Babysitting Granddaughter today at her house so I can't test during the day, but I will try OCLT again tonight if pool still clear and if CC is gone when I get home. I turned the SWG back on and set to 60% so pool will likely remain at SLAM levels all day.

This morning's numbers.

FC. 16
CC. 1
CYA 40

Rain has very little impact on FC.

Be sure to turn off the SWG for an OCLT. If you have crystal clear water and 0 CC and only lost 2 ppm FC overnight, you are not far away! Good luck.

Thanks, guys. Wishful thinking, I guess.

A couple of days ago my water lost that sparkle. Should have just listened to my gut and started slamming then, but I'd thrown my back out and it would have meant telling hubby what to do when and that's just a pain. (He's in charge of vacuuming, I'm in charge of testing and chemicals.) Sunday we had some CC in morning, but water still clear and guests coming over in the afternoon. Started slam Monday. Back still hurting so hubby is doing everything, including getting water samples, except testing. He does what I ask, but just not up to my standards (like not brushing as long as I'd like.) Drives me crazy, but trying not the nag and accept that he's doing an awful lot while I can't bend over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.