New Pool Owner; Any Advice?

Hi, new pool owner here. I just recently got a Taylor K2006 test kit and I wanted to post my numbers to see if anyone had any advice. I have an SWG and a 9,400 gallon round above ground pool.

FC 10
CC 1
PH 7.4
TA 120
CYA 50
Salt 3300 ppm

I didn't get the CH number yet. I recently just got done fighting algae so I know my FC is kind of high right now. The pool is still a little cloudy though.

Thanks!

Good for you starting with a good test kit.

You're not done SLAMmimg as your CC is > 0.5 and your water isn't crystal clear. Bring your chlorine up to 16 and keep it there until your water is clear, your CC is < 0.5 and you can pass the overnight chlorine loss test. (See pool school).

Keep at it.

Agreed on waiting. With higher TA your PH will rise faster. Adding acid to lower PH will also lower your TA over time until TA and PH reach equilibrium or at least it takes a lot less acid to keep PH in check.

If you get tired of adding acid frequently you can actively lower TA following this process, Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.