Test for metals?

You will find some products on-line like THIS ONE, but they can get pricy quickly. Because metal testing products tend to be more expensive, this is one of the rare times we usually recommend just having your water tested at the pool store. It's a good idea to also have the "source" water tested before adding chlorine to it because the chlorine may cause the metal to precipitate-out and skew the results.

Are yo on a well or ave a water supply with known metals, or are you looking to rule those out?

Here's a cheaper, but slightly less sensitive kit - for $18 Amazon.com: LaMotte 2994 Insta-Test Iron and Copper Multi-Factor Test Strip Kit, 0-5ppm Iron Range, 0-3ppm Copper Range, 25 Count Tubes: Industrial Scientific

This kit used to require tablets to dissolve sequestered iron and get a true read, but now is instant. I can confirm that it works properly on raw well water as now using it matches my pro analysis of well.

All metal tests are a bit dodgy when it comes to trace amounts in pool water, especially if you use sequestrant, which cases the sequestered portion of the metal not to read. This kit, compared with its former tablet kit, reads my iron about .1 ppm lower than the week prior. Could be that I'm more sequestered or could be that its less sensitive.

Are yo on a well or ave a water supply with known metals, or are you looking to rule those out?

Here's a cheaper, but slightly less sensitive kit - for $18 Amazon.com: LaMotte 2994 Insta-Test Iron and Copper Multi-Factor Test Strip Kit, 0-5ppm Iron Range, 0-3ppm Copper Range, 25 Count Tubes: Industrial Scientific

This kit used to require tablets to dissolve sequestered iron and get a true read, but now is instant. I can confirm that it works properly on raw well water as now using it matches my pro analysis of well.

All metal tests are a bit dodgy when it comes to trace amounts in pool water, especially if you use sequestrant, which cases the sequestered portion of the metal not to read. This kit, compared with its former tablet kit, reads my iron about .1 ppm lower than the week prior. Could be that I'm more sequestered or could be that its less sensitive.

Well water....overall just simply want to make sure there are no metals in the pool as a preventive measure....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.