Problem installing new pool light!

May 27, 2016
Virginia Beach
Pool Size
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I just bought my house in February and I'm slowly trying to get everything right, the pool looks great thanks to all the advice on here and a home warranty that replaced my control panel and display to my aqua plus. The last thing is the light! It had one of those Hayward Color Logic lights in it that wasn't serviceable so after some research on the site I am replacing it with the J & J color splash xg. So I received it today, I took my old light out, cut the cord right behind the old light and connected the new wires and taped the mess out of it to run it the 50 ft it needed to go to the junction box. So at 49ft my tape broke! I could see the wire but had nothing to get to it with....so I cut the PVC in order to grab it. That worked but now I need a coupling for my PVC. Easy right??? I thought so...but after further investigation I ran into the issue with my ground wire from the niche being what looks to be screwed into the junction box and then they broke the head of the screw off. Should I:
A) splice it and connect it in the junction box since I can use wire nuts above ground.
B) buy a new junction box so I can hook it up properly?
C) run the ground wire back up from the niche and back down to the niche ( I'm assuming the ground at the niche is detachable)

I attached a picture of my junction box if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

68a31e964a4acae5a36647a3ad64acad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Cut the wire as close to the connector as possible. Strip off a little insulation at the end and then get a bonding lug and secure it at one of the other screws and then slip the wire in the bonding lug.

Alternatively, you could use a crimp on circular connector and secure it under one of the available screws.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.