T cell temp low chlorinator off

juliej

Jul 17, 2014
Fairhope, Al
Help. I have cleaned then replaced my T cell. I have replaced my transformer and rectifiers. I am getting a temp low 37 degrees in both cells. Chlorinator off. I go to diagnostic and restart chlorinator. Clicks then back to message off temp too low. It is 85-95 here right now. Air temp right pool temp right. Anybody have same problem.

The AquaLogic has an air temperature sensor, a water temperature sensor that is in the plumbing and the cell also has a water temperature sensor.

Is the system saying the air temperature is 37 F, the water temperature is 37 F or the cell temperature is 37 F?

JamesW and others will know much more on the electronics and possibilities, but the below is from a ProLogic diagnostics manual manual. While waiting on other ideas it may be worth trying the reset just in case. I CAN confirm that when I last checked my cell to see if I needed to clean it I verified it was off, then unplugged it, but the controller was still on. I got low temp, low salt, AND high salt errors and the reset cleared them all.

2. If the controller is still powered, when unplugging the cell and then the cell is subsequently plugged
back in, it may display a ‘Low Temp’ fault message and the ‘Check System’ light may still illuminate.
Turn the filter pump on. You must reset the system by entering the ‘Diagnostic Menu’ and then hitting
the right arrow key once and then pushing the plus key once. This should reset the light and message.

JamesW and others will know much more on the electronics and possibilities, but the below is from a ProLogic diagnostics manual manual. While waiting on other ideas it may be worth trying the reset just in case. I CAN confirm that when I last checked my cell to see if I needed to clean it I verified it was off, then unplugged it, but the controller was still on. I got low temp, low salt, AND high salt errors and the reset cleared them all.

2. If the controller is still powered, when unplugging the cell and then the cell is subsequently plugged
back in, it may display a ‘Low Temp’ fault message and the ‘Check System’ light may still illuminate.
Turn the filter pump on. You must reset the system by entering the ‘Diagnostic Menu’ and then hitting
the right arrow key once and then pushing the plus key once. This should reset the light and message.[/QUOTE

When you do this it counts Down from 15 and tries to come on them immediately turns off and says. Low temp chlorinator off. I cleaned it replaced with new swg and still Same error. I think with replacing the transformer and rectifiers. The only thing left is the relays or the pcb board.

It’s not the relays. I think that the PCB has an error reading the ohms from the cell. The cell contains a thermistor.

If you need to check the thermistor, here is the plug map:

Holding the plug vertically with the cord going down and looking at the connection points. 1 is top left, 2 is top right, 3 is second down left and so on with 9 being lower left and 10 being lower right.

1) Black - Power to cell
2) White - Power to cell
3) Black - Power to cell
4) White - Power to cell
5) Brown - Not used
6) Red - Goes to thermistor
7) Orange - Not used
8) Yellow - Not used
9) Green - Not used
10) Blue - Goes to thermistor

The display will show cold at 50 Fahrenheit which corresponds to a resistance of about 19,900 ohms. If you put your multimeter test leads on points 6 and 10, the resistance should correspond to the thermistor's temperature as shown in a 10 k thermistor chart.

50 f = 19,900 ohms
60 f = 15,310 ohms
70 f = 11,882 ohms
77 f = 10,000 ohms (the 10k reference point)
80 f = 9,297 ohms

Note that each 10 k thermistor has its own specific chart, so the numbers won't be exact unless you have the chart for the specific thermistor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.