Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Site Prep for Intex Ultra Frame AG

1. Back To Top    #1

Seattle WA

Site Prep for Intex Ultra Frame AG

Doing the research on getting the ground ready to assemble a pool and Intex is giving different information depending on where you look.

I have a site scraped of sod and will be having a pro level it. I'm a bit confused though on the support pads that go under the u-shaped brackets. The manual calls for a piece of pressure treated wood 15x15x1.2" under each one, flush with the ground. The local pool place doesn't have anything like that, so I was going to make my own using two 16" lengths of 2x6 side by side (I hope that makes sense).

Today I watched the instructional video, where they just say if the surface isn't solid you have to place something under the brackets. Then in the video they show people putting it up on a grass lawn! They didn't even bother to mow it.

SO, Intex above-grounders, what do you have under your brackets?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Glassboro NJ

Re: Site Prep for Intex Ultra Frame AG

Mostly everybody uses concrete pavers under the legs.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

3. Back To Top    #3

Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Site Prep for Intex Ultra Frame AG

Concrete pavers, at least 2" thick, 4" if you want to be sure they dont crack.
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12' (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO Saltwater System, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump