Cloudy green water

May 19, 2016
Omaha, NE
This is my pool today, we are very frustrated. Water started looking cloudy Friday. Hubby took sample to pool store and came home with chemicals and "plan." Since increasing alkalinity, lowering PH, adding stabilizer, shocking pool and now adding chlorine tabs, it looks like this. First pic is Sunday, second is today. Have ordered the TF-50 because we have a ph test and will post numbers when I have them. Want to at least start adding bleach now to get a jump on the process. CYA was at 30 last night, added more to get more in line with Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart but do not know current numbers. Suggestions on how much bleach to add daily until I do have an accurate test?

TIA
View attachment 51136View attachment 51137

Hi Heather. Is the pool filled with city water or we'll water? If you brush the pool, does it kick up green cloudy plumes of algae? If so, you're going to need to SLAM. First, read the ABC'S of Pool Water Chemistry in Pool School and then follow up with the SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.