Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy green water

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy green water

This is my pool today, we are very frustrated. Water started looking cloudy Friday. Hubby took sample to pool store and came home with chemicals and "plan." Since increasing alkalinity, lowering PH, adding stabilizer, shocking pool and now adding chlorine tabs, it looks like this. First pic is Sunday, second is today. Have ordered the TF-50 because we have a ph test and will post numbers when I have them. Want to at least start adding bleach now to get a jump on the process. CYA was at 30 last night, added more to get more in line with Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart but do not know current numbers. Suggestions on how much bleach to add daily until I do have an accurate test?

TIA
    Attachment 51136Attachment 51137
    Heather Vondra
    14x42 Intex Ultra Frame, above ground, Intex filtration, Krystal Clear Sand Filter 2800 GPH & Saltwater System CG-28667

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy green water

Hi Heather. Is the pool filled with city water or we'll water? If you brush the pool, does it kick up green cloudy plumes of algae? If so, you're going to need to SLAM. First, read the ABC'S of Pool Water Chemistry in Pool School and then follow up with the SLAM.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

City water & yes, some green clouds. I have read all about slamming & the abcs
    Heather Vondra
    14x42 Intex Ultra Frame, above ground, Intex filtration, Krystal Clear Sand Filter 2800 GPH & Saltwater System CG-28667

4. Back To Top    #4

Once you get your TF50, proceed accordingly.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter