Normal to see DE in pool after filter cleaning?

adamt

Feb 10, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
I cleaned my filter this weekend and right after putting DE through the skimmer, I noticed the pool getting cloudy. Is it normal to see some DE get back into the pool after cleaning the filter? I let the filter run over night and everything seems to be normal now.

Thanks

I don't get DE in the pool after cleaning. Are your grids ripped or old? Did you over load it?

I don't get DE in the pool after cleaning. Are your grids ripped or old? Did you over load it?
My pump is not even a year old so I really didn't bother checking the ribs in the filter. I just assumed they're still in good shape and not ripped. I guess I'll have to open it back up and check this weekend. Also, I put in 8 scoops of DE, which I've read is a good amount for my size filter. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

You may get some blow out running the pump on high speed, but it shouldn't be more than a little puff.
Yeah this was more than a puff. Enough to temporarily cloud my water. Would the first assumption be that there is a tear in one of the ribs? My filter is less than a year old but I guess something could have still torn it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.