Blairsville GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We are in the process of attempting the AA treatment to rid pool stains - 2007 forum. This is our second attempt - last month we did not have enuf Jack's Purple Stuff and the stain came back so started the process again today with plenty of Jacks on hand. Unfortunately, we ran out of AA (used 16 oz) before all the stains were removed.

My questions are:

Should I wait to add the Jack's until I get more AA - (I have to order online as can't get enuf locally) - it will be 3 to 4 days before it arrives.

Still have the filter on recirculate - it's been about 3 hours now - should I leave as is or back to normal settings (filter on 6 hrs per day 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.)

Tests as of this a.m. - Ph - 7.2; Clorine 1, TA 90. As an aside - we are seeing some slight red algae and green algae on the ladder (new events past few days).

Assume from what I've read, I need to also purchase Polyquat 60 (can't get that locally either) unless there are like products I can grab at Home Depot or Walmart.

As a follow up - after the first AA treatment - pool looked great but chlorine levels were always low - even after adding more and more. It's been in the 90's and pool is in full sun all day and solar cover at night.

Poor planning on my part - sorry and thanks for any help/suggestions. LOL as I typed the Title - If I don't get this right, I may need to become a member of the other "AA" !!!! :sunny:

Others may follow with more suggestions, but my guess is you may have to start some of this over. I say that because you are already seeing algae. That's not good because now you need to SLAM. As you probably know, you want the water algae-free, then quickly adjust levels in preparation for the AA treatment and sequestrant. So at this point I would be inclined to save your AA and sequestrant products (Poly 60 as well if you order it), prepare to remove algae via SLAM, then have everything ready for the AA/stain removal and Jack's. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but maybe someone else will follow with another option I'm missing.

If it were me with a vinyl pool I would SLAM the pool and enjoy it, then when the season comes to a close remove the stains. This is the hottest time of the year and I believe with that stuff your levels have to be extremely low for them to work.

I agree with Pat that trying to complete the AA treatment with algae present is going to be a problem. Having the FC below minimum for your CYA for a period of time will allow the algae to grow quickly. I would SLAM the pool and then do the AA. Waiting until later in the season is a pretty good idea too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.