I'm a new homeowner and totally new to pools. I've already learned a lot so here's the story so far.
- Bought house. Had pool inspection before close, took note of a few things needing attention but nothing bad.
- Called the pool company that has serviced the house for the last N years, no callback. My wife called, ditto.
- Found a different pool guy. Signed up for chemical only service.
- Started repairing pool sweep. Fix one thing, another breaks. Finally gets working well, for a few days. Pool nice and clear.
- Noticed sweep no longer works. Check filter basket, check sweep. Puzzled.
- Pool starts turning green. Pool guy notices, comes back later in the week to check on it and add algicide.
- Investigate. Take apart the filter, remove cartridges. Whole thing is green, filled with pine needles, etc. Wash it all off well, dry filters in the sun a bit, put back in.
- Realize that the system is not working and after reading, realize I need to bleed the system at the pressure valve. Manually start pump at its control panel (vs the compool system as this one is not responding. I bleed the air until a steady stream comes out. System still not working. Recheck - still have air. Repeat this for an hour then decide that air must be entering the system somewhere.
So where I am at. Filed claim with home warranty company. They assigned to a pool company that is booking a week plus out.
I would like to keep digging - my next guess is that I need to coat the filter orings with something as air may be entering? But I wonder if that were the case, wouldn't water be leaking out of the main filter?
Suggestions welcome! And thanks for this forum, look forward to learning and possibly helping others one day.