Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP has ruined me!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP has ruined me!!!

I know we see these on here from time to time, but this is my first venture away from my pool since I started using the TFP method...

Now granted, I can see the bottom as this is a shot from our 5th floor balcony, the hotel's pool just has a haze and dirtiness to it that I just can't subject my family to. It doesn't show well in the photo, but there are finger marks and had prints in the dirt stained walls. The great part of it was that my wife was the first to see it and gave me the look after walking in and said "I don't think we're going into the pool while we're here."

My goodness, our TFP water back at home has turned us into snobs! Oh well, we're packing up and heading to the beach then...

Kevin, TFP Believer & Supporter
    (Yup, I drank the pool water)
    13.5K gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl, TF-100 Test Kit
    2HP Waterway Pump, 200 SqFt Hayward Element Filter
    Recommendations: Pool School, TFTestkits & Pool Math

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFP has ruined me!!!

Haha! Same thing happened to me when we went to a hotel in NY...it was cold, hazy and uninviting. And it was an indoor pool to boot!

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Not a bad looking pool, but definitely not sparkling! Just wait, next trip you will pack the test kit!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    Not a bad looking pool, but definitely not sparkling! Just wait, next trip you will pack the test kit!
    I would be lying if I said that it never crossed my mind...

5. Back To Top    #5

I know what you mean! The kids played at a pool party Father's Day weekend with my FIL and family that were visiting. We don't even have a finished pool yet and my little toe wouldn't touch that water. TFP has not helped my OCD issues. . My kids and hubby swam with no problem. I'm like, I'll just get a tan thanks.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

6. Back To Top    #6

Hotel staff may look at you funny if you check in with 3 cases of bleach!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    Hotel staff may look at you funny if you check in with 3 cases of bleach!
    Ha...I always wait until after check-in until I start to unload the questionable large volumes of liquids!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmommy2009 View Post
    I know what you mean! The kids played at a pool party Father's Day weekend with my FIL and family that were visiting. We don't even have a finished pool yet and my little toe wouldn't touch that water. TFP has not helped my OCD issues. . My kids and hubby swam with no problem. I'm like, I'll just get a tan thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My OCD is definitely unforgiving, but under the right circumstances I may have hopped in...I just can't bring myself to do it when the ocean is one block away.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP has ruined me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by klynch494 View Post
    My OCD is definitely unforgiving, but under the right circumstances I may have hopped in...I just can't bring myself to do it when the ocean is one block away.
    Don't blame you there. Of course our ocean is Galveston so neither are exciting prospects.

Which beach are you visiting?

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmommy2009 View Post

Which beach are you visiting?
    We are currently in Myrtle Beach. We were in the Charleston area for a family wedding and had a few beach trips then also. But we've always wanted to take the kiddos to Midieval Times so we are talking some time for ourselves and broke away early for a few days before heading home.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by klynch494 View Post
    We are currently in Myrtle Beach. We were in the Charleston area for a family wedding and had a few beach trips then also. But we've always wanted to take the kiddos to Midieval Times so we are talking some time for ourselves and broke away early for a few days before heading home.
    I've heard Medieval Times is pretty neat! Sounds fun!