Need help with pool volume

Jun 24, 2016
Tuscumbia, AL
Love the info on the forum. I could use some help figuring my pool volume. It is an in ground octagon with each side being 10 ft long. Side depth is 3.5 feet and slopes to 5 feet in the center. Can anyone tell me the pool's volume?

Thanks in advance.

The area of your pool is 482.84 sq ft. the average depth is approximately 4.25 ft. So the volume is 2052 cu ft. At 7.48052 gallons per cu ft, that makes your pool approximately 15350 gallons.

You can confirm the volume wiht PoolMath by doing one extra FC test after you add your daily bleach dose.

Enter the Volume in PoolMath and with the pump running test the water for FC and enter the results in the Now cell, set your target FC to some higher amount say 2 ppm or whatever your normal daily consumption is. Add the amount of bleach it tells you to and test again shortly after say 40 min and see if the FC level increases by the amount expected. You will want to do this a few times but if it consistently is what you expect then you have the correct volume. If the FC level consistently over shoots a bit from what you expect you can adjust your volume down to match the results. If it under shoots adjust the volume up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.