Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with pool volume

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with pool volume

Love the info on the forum. I could use some help figuring my pool volume. It is an in ground octagon with each side being 10 ft long. Side depth is 3.5 feet and slopes to 5 feet in the center. Can anyone tell me the pool's volume?

Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with pool volume

The area of your pool is 482.84 sq ft. the average depth is approximately 4.25 ft. So the volume is 2052 cu ft. At 7.48052 gallons per cu ft, that makes your pool approximately 15350 gallons.
    29,000 gallon vinyl liner custom designed lagoon style in-ground pool (self-built 2015-2016), Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Hayward HP21404T Heat Pump (140K BTU), Hayward Pro Grid DE DE6020 Filter with Fiber Clear, Hayward Tiger Shark, 2 Hayward Color-Logic LED lights, Stenner 45MPHP10
    370 gallon Jacuzzi J-345 spa with ClearRay UV

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you so much.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

You can confirm the volume wiht PoolMath by doing one extra FC test after you add your daily bleach dose.

Enter the Volume in PoolMath and with the pump running test the water for FC and enter the results in the Now cell, set your target FC to some higher amount say 2 ppm or whatever your normal daily consumption is. Add the amount of bleach it tells you to and test again shortly after say 40 min and see if the FC level increases by the amount expected. You will want to do this a few times but if it consistently is what you expect then you have the correct volume. If the FC level consistently over shoots a bit from what you expect you can adjust your volume down to match the results. If it under shoots adjust the volume up.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. I will give that a try.
    15.5K IG Vinyl Octagon w/built-in seats. 1 skimmer, 2 jets. Hayward S244T Pro Sand Filter, 1HP Century Pump, Hayward Rainbow 320 Inline Chlorinator(turned off). K2006 Test Kit