Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Been Trouble Free

1. Back To Top    #1

Mandeville, LA

Been Trouble Free

Thanks to this site my pool maintenance has been so easy. Pool has been in my hands a couple of months now and I have had nothing but crystal clear water that is a joy to look at and swim in.

I've been working a bit on lowering TA and now have it at 60 which really seems to have helped with PH rise. I was having to add about 24oz of acid every other day which with SWG and being a new pool wasn't horrible but now that addition is down to about every 4 days or so. Numbers from last night.

FC 6.0
    CC 0.0
    PH 7.5
    TA 60
    CH 300
    CYA 40
    Salt 3000
    Temp 93
    CSI -.32

I added some CYA last night to bring back up to 70. I last adjusted CYA a month ago to 70 but we have had a lot of rain which has required draining a lot of water out of the pool to keep from overflowing. Probably 12-18" or so. I run my pump on low 24/7 with SWG currently at 45%.
    Completed April 2016: 22x36 3.5-5.5-4 Inground, 17,500 gallons, Aquapure SWG, Jandy 2hp Variable Speed, Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280, Aqualink PDA4, Jandy Nichless LED lights, Diamondbrite color Steel Blue, Noche Travertine Coping & Deck

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Been Trouble Free

Nice work maintaining your pool! Thanks for the update!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Nice work being 100% in control of your pool.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Northern Howell, NJ

Congratulations. Pleasure to see someone who has read Pool School and the many links within and successfully maintained their pool. Well done WyattEarp!
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?