Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace wire - Laars LX Heater to Aqualink - 4 strand copper

1. Back To Top    #1

Replace wire - Laars LX Heater to Aqualink - 4 strand copper

Hi Guys, I need to replace the wire from heater to Aqualink. 4 solid copper runs. Can't seem to find this at Home Depot. The LX has four wires, red, black, yellow, green.

What do you recommend..

Thanks!
    10,000 gallon IG pebble pool, 1,200 gallon raised spa, built 2006, Hayward Mega Plus 700 cartridge filter, Hayward Northstar SP4015NS 1.5hp pump, Hayward Super II 2.5hp spa pump w/blower, Jandy AquaLink RS, SpaLink RS controller, A&A Quik Leveler, Quik Clean In-floor cleaning/leaf vac, Laars LX 400 heater, Fiberstars 6004 fiber optic light. Massive delamination of ShastaDeck cool decking.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Replace wire - Laars LX Heater to Aqualink - 4 strand copper

It does not have to be stranded wire. I use thermostat wire which is solid. Usually you only need two wires.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

In most cases the electrons don't care about stranded or solid or the color of the covering.

From that color code it sounds like telephone or alarm wire.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, I think its 24 gage solid copper phone wire. I better cover it with something...
    10,000 gallon IG pebble pool, 1,200 gallon raised spa, built 2006, Hayward Mega Plus 700 cartridge filter, Hayward Northstar SP4015NS 1.5hp pump, Hayward Super II 2.5hp spa pump w/blower, Jandy AquaLink RS, SpaLink RS controller, A&A Quik Leveler, Quik Clean In-floor cleaning/leaf vac, Laars LX 400 heater, Fiberstars 6004 fiber optic light. Massive delamination of ShastaDeck cool decking.