Abs error code on pool heater

Jun 28, 2016
Reisterstown
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I have had a pool for many years. This year I converted to a swg and everything looks good. However after about a month I started getting gas message on heater. In the past that usually meant skimmer or filter was closed. This year I get gas error but no low pressure. The first time I got this was when I put heater on a timer. Sines then I am controlling the on and off by hand but I am still getting the gas error and no heat. What happens is when I turn on the blower runs at high for awhile like it supposed to then blower runs low for awhile then the heater comes on and I get heat for about 10 seconds then the process starts over again. I can eventually get it to work by turning the gas control knob off wait a few minutes then turn it back on. Sometime I have to do this several times. Once on it continues to run ok. I don't think it pressure this time but who knows. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP :)

it is a safety feature, one of the sensors are bad or something is going out.. when was the last service done.. you really do not want to bypass or mess with turning the gas off and on with it running until it is fixed, bad things can happen..

I hope this helps :)

An "AGS" error is a gas flow issue many times. Seeing that when you turn the gas valve on/off it seems to work. Which valve do you mean? Is it the one on the supply line to the heater? Do you have a regulator by the heater?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.