Island in Colorado

I noticed you placed HB over the area where your grill will sit. Most grills rely on air flow from below to get the air/fuel-mixture correct and allow some cooling as well.
It is preferred to leave this open. There will be an extreme amount of heat accumulating there, and while the HB is rated at 1500 degrees F, it may cause some distortion and early demise of the structure in this area.

Sorry for the lack of posts. Summer has kept us busy. Nevertheless, here are some pictures of the island. The dryvit synthetic stucco went on quite easily. (thanks ArvadaBBQ for the suggestion and location here in Denver to purchase) Grouting the slate tile was no big deal and the lacquer really brought out the colors in the stone. I ran romex to the island to power 2 outlets on the backsplash and 1 in the left side compartment. The outlet in the compartment powers the light inside the grill as well as the low voltage lights around the patio. The Malibu 7 watt patio lights are not all that bright but they provide a nice effect. Being that it's summer, we have not grilled in the dark yet but the flood light on the house (and grill light under the hood) should provide plenty for which to cook.
I know I may be missing some upper vents on the back DrDave. My lower ones are pretty large but even though I am cooking with propane, I need uppers as well, right? I will add them (this weekend) when I cut-out under the grill as you have suggested. Will also search for paint to blend them into the stucco color. As for blueprints, the original sketch was on the back of an envelope and got thrown out. This island is rather simple so I pretty much designed it as I went. Hopefully it will be with us a long time. I am tired of backyard projects as this whole area was a big weathered redwood deck just a few months ago. Maybe next spring I will add a pergola over the island to provide a bit of shade. Always something left to do....

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 235
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 233
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.