Where can Canadians buy a good test kit?

haybird

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Ontario
Every pool store Wal-Mart ect. Only have the strips and the cheap $5.00
Yellow & Red drop test. Is there a place on- line you can order a good
test kit? It seems that places in the States don't like to ship
over the border,which I understand because of extra paper work.
Thanks

Costs a lot for the good Taylor kit. I should have picked one up in the spring on sale for $127 but didn't. I have a Olympic kit that was $20 which at least tests pH and alkalinity accurately. I have to phone around to see which pool stores here test the water properly rather than using a strip reader so I really know what level my cya is at.

haybird,

Don't give up on me yet. I am having little luck with UPS trying to define what's required to ship to Canada. I started a dialogue yesterday with the United Ststes Postal Service and, stunningly, there requirements seem less complex than Fedex or UPS.

Speaking with the Postmaster in my little town, it seems USPS Priority mail may be doable....Shipping costs will be about 18-20 US Dollars and the burden for paying tariffs, if any, would fall on the recipient.

Please don't misconstue the above.....I am not yet ready to say the kit can be shipped to you but I feel I have made more progress with USPS than any other shipper I have tried. I will try to get a classification definiton of this kit from the harmonized code tomorrow and will report any progress.....positive or negative.

Let me say up front that the price for the kit to Canada will increase somewhat if I am able to ship it. I will have to assume the extra burden of customs paperwork (not much, apparently) and, significantly, the extra burden of assumed losses in transit. Attempting to claim a lost item from the Postal Service is virtually impossible and they DO lose things. Having dealt with them for 15 years in a different business, I know about what those losses are percentage-wise and it's not a stellar record.

I'll keep you posted.

You can order the Taylor kits from Taylor's Canadian distributor:
"All Canadian orders must go through our master distributor in Canada, Lowry & Associates in Newmarket, Ontario (905-836-0505) or [email protected]."
Their prices are said to be quite high.

LaMotte kits are also available from several different places, see their Candian distributor list here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.