Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CPX power supply died!!! Aurgggg!

1. Back To Top    #1

CPX power supply died!!! Aurgggg!

Hello all,
    Well if you've followed my earlier post on Compupool SWCG. I used to recommend them, past tense. I had a CPSC-48, that had a cell problem, got replacement cell, then had a power supply (PS) issue, got replacement. Upgraded to new CPX system. Had a cell issue, replaced, now another PS issue.
    Called Compupool and they're sending a replacement power supply.
    The issue is that the breaker trips, at first it was a couple days, then became more frequent, system not usuable. Attempted to power on with out cell connected, tripped breaker right after showing software version.
    They're supporting the warrantee, but it is a bummer. .
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CPX power supply died!!! Aurgggg!

Well that stinks! So how long do you stick with this particular system before you get tired of the constant problems?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Till the warrantee runs out and it cost me more money. Right now they're still supplying the parts. And it works well when it works. Just can't recommend it to others.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

I guess they prorate the warranty each time?
    TFP Moderator
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I purchase the original CPSC unit 5 years ago, then bought/upgraded ($400) to the CPX system, so yeah, it's prorated.

6. Back To Top    #6

So called Monday, Jason said it would be in the mail, I should have it on Tuesday. Tuesday came, no unit. Called back Wednesday, talked to shipping, it's ready to go, waiting on paperwork. It should go out today and should have it tomorrow. Aurggg!!!
    Manual dosing it is.

7. Back To Top    #7

Great news! Replacement came today. It's a Calimar Titanium marked unit, but the paperwork states CircuPool G Series power pack RJ-G-Power. The unit looks like the CircuPool RG series. Not sure what's the deal is with the rebranded units. The electrical connectors to swap over from 230V-115V are the same for the CPX/CPSC units and are different in the manual for the CircuPool RG units.

Unit is up and operating. I'm content.

8. Back To Top    #8

Yay!
    TFP Moderator
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!