Possible algae

Deidra

Jun 24, 2016
Currituck, NC
So, the pool finally finished filling Saturday, I did put a little bleach in here and there as it filled. The water was a light brown sound water color since we have well water and live very near the sound on both sides. Once the pool was full we turned on the pump following the directions and then used one of the test strips I got (test kit will be here tomorrow).
Results
CH basically none (well pump has a water softener, I assume this is why. But also saw its not important with vinyl pools)
TC 0 FC 0 PH 8.4 TA 240 Cya 0

so I did the sock with stabilizer and also added MA to bring down the TA and PH and added some dichlor to bring chlorine to 2ppm (I used this instead of the liquid bleach bc there was not yet any stabilizer in the water) this was Saturday afternoon, used another strip in the morning before work and the PH had gone back up and the TA was still high between 180-240, FC and TC both 0 again added more MA and some liquid bleach to bring up to 2ppm again. After work Sunday the pool was no longer brownish but a light yellow green, thought maybe it was the brownish lightening, TA was down a little more, PH back up and chlorine back down, added bleach and MA. By this point the stabilizer in the sock had finished disolving, used another strip in the evening, TA still slightly high, FC 3 TC 3 still pale green yellow. We saw a few little clear jelly balls on side of pool with micro dots in them, not sure what they are. So this morning I test again around 7am, TC 1, FC 1 TA still a little high ph 8 but it was still greenish so to be safe I added enough bleach to bring FC to shock level of 12 for Cya of 30. The pool is now very clear, no color tint, still not cloudy either but now there are little blackish globs about 1-3cm in size in the bottom of the pool we use the skimmer and a oil them out when touched they mush and are greenish brown, not sure what these are. The FC has held at 10+ (highest on strip) all day, a little more MA this afternoon bc TA was still high and ph was 8, ph dropped to 7.0 after this.
Anyone know what the tiny jelly balls are? And how am I doing so far?

Re: Help please, what is this?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

what is this in the bottom of the pool? It started appearing after I brought a new fill to shock level.
While I don't know what that is, I don't think I'd get in the pool until I knew they were dead.

If this were my pool, I would SLAM. Unfortunately the test kit listed in your signature will not work for a SLAM, nor an OCLT.

Did you fill the pool from city water? Are you under any trees?

Are you using chlorine? What is your current CYA & FC level?

Dom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just FYI, lots of people can't, won't or don't want to click out of TFP to look at pics. If you use Photobucket to host your pics you can copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it into your post. That will embed your pic into your thread so people can view the pic in your post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.