Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not done with my SLAM but out of R-0871

1. Back To Top    #1

Not done with my SLAM but out of R-0871

Forgot to test and add chlorine one day last week so my pool got cloudy. No prob...I know what to do now! (Thanks TFP) Almost done with my SLAM but I'm out of R-0871!!! I put my order in Saturday evening but its not here yet. I don't want to just dump in chlorine but I don't want to lose my fight with the algae and start all over again. Any tips?
    13K gallon, 12' x 27' IG, Gunite pool
    Equipment- Tagelus TA60 Sand filter, Purex-triton separation tank, Rainbow 320 auto chlorine feeder, Pentair varispeed pump, Polaris 280 pressure cleaner w/boost rite 1.1 HP pump
    Zodiac Sheer Descent waterfall feature
    Solar Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not done with my SLAM but out of R-0871

Since you were so far into your SLAM, did you find yourself adding close to the same amount of bleach every so-many hours? Perhaps try to stay with that same routine until the drops arrive?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you have Amazon prime?
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes but it was not available with prime so it would have taken too long. I ordered through TFTtestkits.com. Hoping it will be here soon! Thanks Texas Splash, I will do that for now!
    13K gallon, 12' x 27' IG, Gunite pool
    Equipment- Tagelus TA60 Sand filter, Purex-triton separation tank, Rainbow 320 auto chlorine feeder, Pentair varispeed pump, Polaris 280 pressure cleaner w/boost rite 1.1 HP pump
    Zodiac Sheer Descent waterfall feature
    Solar Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

They ship quickly
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

6. Back To Top    #6

During my SLAM, I only used 5ml of water, instead of 10. That gave me 1 drop per FC, and saved on my 871 usage. I used a medicine dropper (like $3) from Walgreens to keep it fairly accurate. I don't test that way on a daily basis, but it works great during a SLAM.
    Bruce - (The SmartJack was an invention of mine, and became my nickname)
    Fox Pool 40x27 IG Vinyl, Lagoon Shape, 27,000 gallons, Hayward 300,000 BTU heater
    Hayward 1.5 HP, 2-Speed SuperPump, with Hayward C4025 Cartridge Filter
    Polaris C-310 ORP Controller, modified to pump Liquid Chlorine
    Hayward Phantom, and Aquabot Turbo T-Jet automatic pool cleaners, Taylor K-2006