Issue with Intex Ultra Steel Frame Pool 18x48

Jun 27, 2016
South Yarmouth
I am new to this site so my apologies it I posted on the wrong forum...

We recently (within the last week) have purchased the above noted pool.. Since then we've had problem after problem with this pool from leveling, setup, filling to being off level by 3" to draining, tearing down, re-leveling, set back up, refilling, to water issues. Now I have noticed that the white snap on a "T" bar is pushing in. I have also noticed one top bar is separating. Has anyone had this problem and if so, how did you resolve it? I'd hate to take it all down again if I don't have to.

Attachments

• pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 93
  • pool4.jpg
    pool4.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 92
I can't tell if that is the t bar or the horizontal, but either way, it is a structural defect.I'm sorry to say you have to replace that piece. Call intex and explain the problem & order the replacement part if they won't replace the part for free. You will have to drain the pool, but not "take it down" to replace that piece. If you have your pool site properly leveled and this was not stress caused by being more than 1" out of level, you should be able to just refill after replacing the part.I would drain it down to 1 foot depth until you receive the part, so a high wind will not damage your pool.The remaining water will weigh it down. You may have to completely drain to replace the part when it arrives.

I'd sure look for more damaged parts but if that split is the only one I'd baling wire/gorilla tape that sucker. But then I'm on a ranch, water is a precious commodity and the kids are grown so my liability are my own.:D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.