Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Issue with Intex Ultra Steel Frame Pool 18x48

1. Back To Top    #1

Issue with Intex Ultra Steel Frame Pool 18x48

I am new to this site so my apologies it I posted on the wrong forum...

We recently (within the last week) have purchased the above noted pool.. Since then we've had problem after problem with this pool from leveling, setup, filling to being off level by 3" to draining, tearing down, re-leveling, set back up, refilling, to water issues. Now I have noticed that the white snap on a "T" bar is pushing in. I have also noticed one top bar is separating. Has anyone had this problem and if so, how did you resolve it? I'd hate to take it all down again if I don't have to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Issue with Intex Ultra Steel Frame Pool 18x48

I can't tell if that is the t bar or the horizontal, but either way, it is a structural defect.I'm sorry to say you have to replace that piece. Call intex and explain the problem & order the replacement part if they won't replace the part for free. You will have to drain the pool, but not "take it down" to replace that piece. If you have your pool site properly leveled and this was not stress caused by being more than 1" out of level, you should be able to just refill after replacing the part.I would drain it down to 1 foot depth until you receive the part, so a high wind will not damage your pool.The remaining water will weigh it down. You may have to completely drain to replace the part when it arrives.

3. Back To Top    #3

It's the horizontal. Wow, if being unlevel caused this, I would, as mulia said above, drain it down and check all the uprights and horizontals for other signs of damage.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd sure look for more damaged parts but if that split is the only one I'd baling wire/gorilla tape that sucker. But then I'm on a ranch, water is a precious commodity and the kids are grown so my liability are my own.
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer