Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 9x18 rectangular pool corner joists

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 9x18 rectangular pool corner joists

So we got the Intex 9x18 - 52" pool. Spent many weekends leveling crushed limestone and tamping for a perfectly level area. Buried 6"x6" blocks for supports of the legs where we knew the ground was softer and the weight would cause it to sink. Well we had a corner sink a lot more than normal and the corner piece was sticking so far out you could see the little white clip thing (idk what it's called) so we drained, blocked and refilled. My question is how far out can these go to be considered safe? I know they are supposed to flex with the pool but it makes me nervous. The last thing I need is 4500+ gallons suddenly flooding my yard and hurting someone. Now that the one corner is fixed the other one is further out and if it flexes enough you can see that white clip as well. It's now perfectly level but this is worrisome.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 9x18 rectangular pool corner joists

Share a picture please so we can see what you are seeing. That will help us help you.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

this is when I pull it out just a little bit and is visible during use when there's movement
    this one is where it is when it is not being used

4. Back To Top    #4

On one end of my 9 x18 the corners stretch a bit. Ive never tried to pull them apart. Pools been up for 15 months without issue. Sorry I cant be of more help..
    9 x 18 Hydro Force AGP, Aqua Pro AP ASFAL 75 pump and sand filter, Hayward Skimmer, Raypak 106A propane heater, Sunquest Solar Panels, Pentair Rainbow test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by rbinn View Post
    On one end of my 9 x18 the corners stretch a bit. Ive never tried to pull them apart. Pools been up for 15 months without issue. Sorry I cant be of more help..
    Thanks. That was while it was in use. Another side sank so bad we ending up draining and refilling after leveling and blocking again. Hopefully it's good now.