Just installed New Salt Chlorine Generator

salp said:
Brad,

I agree, unfortunately running the pump longer is not an option. I would like to keep it around 6 hours a day during the summertime. Electricity in California is outrages. My bill for May was $570.00 and that's with no air conditioner. So if I can run my cell at 60 - 80 % and 6 hours, I will be happy.

don't you guys have off-peak tariffs which come cheaper?

salp said:
My bill for May was $570.00 and that's with no air conditioner.

Wow! :shock: No wonder you want to limit your pump usage.

Congrats on your SWG, it sounds nice. I looked at the link you posted. They say you just clean it with their "magic stick" (wooden stick). I'm just curious how that would remove scaling and such.

Brad S said:
FWIW,

I have an intellichlor and run it at 15% 12 hours a day. I keep an FC ~5-6 ppm with cya levels at 40. I know everyone here says run CYA a lot higher with a SWG, but if high CYA is bad for manually chlorinated pools, by my thinking its bad for SWG pools too.
Who said that CYA was bad for manually chlorinated pools. There has been discussion in this forum and elsewhere of why the higher CYA levels are useful in pools with SWGS but for practical reasons, which deal mostly with pH control, can be found by readng this thread:
water-balance-tips-for-a-swg-t3663.html

Further discussion of high CYA vs low CYA has been moved to Agree to Disagree. JasonLion

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.