Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How often to test?

1. Back To Top    #1

How often to test?

Just curious here.... how often do you all do a full test with your tf-100? I usually test with the basic each day just to see what the chlorine and ph looks like
    Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 2100 GPH pump & Sand filter, Intex Robot Vacuum
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer
    TF-100 Test Kit Magnetic Speed Stirer

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: How often to test?

Once a season. But that is just because I have a vinyl liner and I only test my CH once when I open my pool so technically I never do a full test again the rest of the season.

I do the OTO and pH test at least every other day (usually daily), I use the FAS/DPD and TA test weekly and test my CYA about once a month give or take a couple weeks.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

For me, I test FC (FAS-DPD) and pH everyday because I not only want to stay at/above my FC target, but also because I'm experimenting with my CSI to reduce some previous scale I received in my pre-TFP days. I'm a bit lazy with TA and CH, but try to do them about once a week or so, and I don't normally worry about CYA unless I had a lot of water exchange or I see my FC dropping too fast.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks i appreciate the info. i will just keep doing what i am doing and testing the FC and PH each day. i just dont want to lose this awesome looking water i got.
    Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 2100 GPH pump & Sand filter, Intex Robot Vacuum
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer
    TF-100 Test Kit Magnetic Speed Stirer