Re leveling bottom of oval 30x15 AGP before new liner install?

Jul 13, 2015
Suffield, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Edit so removed bottom foam from edge and pool is pretty shot so 3rd post on will just be how i fixed for now. Pool needs too much work to properly fix where might as well buy new one so just going to do what i feel will work best to at least work for this season.

So i made it thru last season with patching 40 holes in liner but now it is time to replace. Pool was empty when i bought house. Liner held water thru winter but failed this spring to point i decided to buy a new liner.

There is a foam bottom but it is very uneaven but it works. It is a butress free oval pool 15x30 and the bottom plates stick up under pool as it seems it was not installed correctly with thick enough base of sand however i know others have had same issue. Even once nice and flat the pressure of the water on the sides causes the bottom plates to stick up.

I am tempted to clean foam and install new liner because i know to re-level will be a lot of work and if its not even im end what was point. I can get more pics i next post.

Thinking i should remove foam bottom and add sand but seems i will need a lot of sand to cover bottom plates.

Or just install new liner and swim...

Went with plain 25g overlap liner and new cooping strips for about $200 so not a lot invested.
Have a intex SWG with sand filter and pump system.

TIA

Attachments

• 1467064903967.jpg
    1467064903967.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 1467065005842.jpg
    1467065005842.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 1467065041217.jpg
    1467065041217.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 35
I guess it looks like part of the problem is sides or ends are not far enough out causing the squiggle on side which causes more force on side beams and hence why they angle and stick up.
This seems like may be a lot of work to fix right so again im tempted to just clean foam and install liner but i will at least remove foam and inspect under it and go from there. I could always redo bottom next year as getting late in season for north CT.
Im fairly noob but have torn down a 15' AGP and installed. Used fine rock dust raather than sand and came out ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.