Hello All: I have an in ground pool that hasn't been open in about seven years. We have been cleaning leaves and dirt out of it for about 2 weeks. I think we got most of the stuff out. The pool is still a green color and I'm back washing a lot. I had a water sample done today again some numbers came up and some went down. So my numbers are CYA 30PPM, Free Chlorine 0.12PPM, Total Chlorine 0.58, Combined Chlorine 0.46, PH 7.2, Hardness 61 ppm, Alkalinity 116PPM. I think by reading some of the post that I need to shock it. Any suggestions on how much shock/ chlorine I need and how often I should do it. Also do I need algaecide to kill the algae? Any help would be great I have already spent a boat load of money in the last two weeks.
Thanks in advance for any help