Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi's Natty

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi's Natty

Hello all,
    I am new to pool ownership, I bought a house and I currently am SO LOST...the pressure from everyone for me to get the pool set up is overwhelming. I'm here to gain knowledge and provide assistance when I actually know what I'm doing.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Hi's Natty

Welcome to TFP!

There's a wealth of information in Pool School. Start with the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and work your way through some more that are of interest to you.

Ask lots of questions as they come!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Welcome to TFP!!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to the forum!

In addition to reading the ABCs article, you will need one of the Recommended Test Kits to properly manage your pool. I use the TF-100 because it's the best value and they have a freshness guarantee. You can order it here: They ship fast - you should have it in your hands in 2-3 days with normal shipping. If you want to really do the right thing, I would order one of these test kits tonight. Do not rely on pool store testing - it is notably inaccurate and they will use those results to sell you all sorts of chemicals you do not need that will cost you way more than this test kit.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5
    TFP Guide
    Central PA

Welcome! What type of pool are you setting up? Here's is info on how to set up a signature, so when you ask any questions, everyone will know what type of pool and equipment, etc. you have.

Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

There's a wealth of info here at your fingertips! It seems a little overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, easy peasy!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!