New member-- taking my pool camping?

Wait a minute ... I was picturing in my head an Ultra Frame pool. But now I realize that you might be talking about the Metal Frame versions. I would be much less comfortable with an improper Metal Frame setup as compared to the Ultra Frame. The Ultra Frame setup to me seems a little more forgiving (again, I have no hands-on experience with any of these).

Thanks for the tremendously helpful suggestions, guys.

So I was planning on doing a test run of sorts a couple of weekends from now (I plan on using this a few times through the summer) I don't think i'll be able to scrounge up the money for an ultra frame in that time frame. When the easy-up metal frames break, is it catastrophic failure (i.e. a safety risk) or do they just bend the frame? If it's the latter, it may be worth trying it with the metal frame and writing off the sunk cost if it breaks. If it works well, I can probably just roll with it, feeling confident that I can get each leg within a 2" window with the wooden blocks and keeping a close eye throughout. a 2x8 should be plenty of room to avoid the legs slipping. If we're that concerned about catastrophic failure, I can always wait to save up for an ultra frame for next time...

I will definitely take pictures!!! You guys are gonna like the decorations :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.