If I am following the BBB method, will I still need to add pucks to my pool? if so which do you recommend?

Short and sweet answer is "None".... unless used for very short periods of time and with recognition of the "other stuff" they also add to your water.

The TFP method means you only put in your water that which it needs and nothing else. We believe in accurate pool owner testing and using the simpliest, cheapest chemicals available. Why buy expensive pool store "Alkalinity Increaser" when you can buy the very same ingredient in bags at Costco called Arm & Hammer baking soda?!
Many of us use liquid chlorine (aka "bleach") instead of pucks, or a Salt Water Generator ("SWG) to create chlorine. Pucks add either excess CYA stabilizer or calcium which can get out of hand and cause problems.

Have you read Pool School yet? I would suggest starting here: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Bring back any questions you have :)

Welcome to TFP :)

if you have them now, keep them until your going away for the week, they do come in handy, if you are out don't buy any until needed... following us does not mean not using something, it means knowing what is in your pool and knowing what you are adding to your pool :)

That is why you really need a great test kit, makes knowing so much easier

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.