Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: undecided

1. Back To Top    #1

undecided

Completely undecided.

Never had one, stumbled on this place while trying to answer questions like

To pool or not to pool?

Coping? Zero edge or not?

Salt water or Chlorine? Deck/equipment dependency/issues.

Beach entry or not?

Spa or no spa or completely separate spa?

Basically all the questions everybody else has when they come here so I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: undecided

Welcome to TFP

You have come to the right place, there are so many threads, ideas, wishes, oops's (is that a word)

Stick around and have fun
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

So here's a genuine question.

Is there a "build thread" anywhere that I've overlooked ? Something similar to what you find on an auto or home forum where somebody keeps links to completed builds.

Something like a best of the best everybody thinks this is a cool build or great job thread ?

4. Back To Top    #4

Under Construction

This is the closest we come to that idea...............I would go back and pick and choose which ones to read. I know MY favs just because I had SO much fun helping them pick and choose what went into their pools. I will look for them and link you to them. Hold on a few.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

First, I will say adding a pool was one of the best things we did. It's just my husband and I but we are thoroughly enjoying it. Even if I am not in it every day, I still love having a body of water in the back yard. We do have a waterfall and that adds to it as well so I do recommend some sort of water feature if you can.

When we decided to build, I poured over this site as well as Houzz and others to get a feel of what I wanted our pool to look like. The sky was the limit; however, my budget was not so while I wanted an Infinity type pool (we live on the side of a hill and it would have been perfect), my budget didn't allow for that. For us we had to consider budget, how we would use it, ease of maintenance. We wanted to be able to dive so we chose a design that would allow for that. I have seen many "sports type pools" where the deepest may be 5'. We opted to not have a spa as this is something we just personally didn't feel like we would use. Once I decided on type of pool, I searched this website regarding sizing & type of equipment, pros and cons of SWG, etc.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Trouble Free Pool

New build in South Texas

New pool, Manor, Texas

A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

Here are some examples from summers past. There are MANY more. Just click and see what strikes your fancy.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit