My SWG specs says CYA 10-50 and FC 1-3? Should I listen to them or TFP??

crocop

May 5, 2016
Toronto
I just installed a Jandy Aquapure EI.

Specs say I need 4000-4500ppm of salt. 1-3FC and 10-50 CYA.

After reading pool school and a lot of research on this site, It seems I would fair better with 70-80CYA and 5-6FC??

What do you guys think??

I would say to follow TFPs advice. But you're free to do as you like. Try the SWG manufacturers specs and see what happens. My bet is that you will be running your pump and SWG constantly in trying to maintain their specs. When you get tired of that, try our methods. B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have followed recommendations from the CYA?FC table and have had no problems with algae or anything. My SWG mfg recommends different levels as well but I trust the advice and experience of the folks here.

I would say to follow TFPs advice. But you're free to do as you like. Try the SWG manufacturers specs and see what happens. My bet is that you will be running your pump and SWG constantly in trying to maintain their specs. When you get tired of that, try our methods. B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks, also, how do I know or what is dependant on what % I run my SWG at? I can do 20/40/60/80 or 100%. What is ideal?

You can adjust your SWG % output &/or adjust pump run time. Our electricity is fairly cheap so I opt for lower % and more pump run time. You will have to experiment a little to see what is the "sweet spot" for your particular situation. Running less % is supposed to increase the cell life but again, if your electric rates are high, you might want to opt for higher % and less pump time. I usually have to adjust a few times in a season depending on pool temps, rain, etc.

You can adjust your SWG % output &/or adjust pump run time. Our electricity is fairly cheap so I opt for lower % and more pump run time. You will have to experiment a little to see what is the "sweet spot" for your particular situation. Running less % is supposed to increase the cell life but again, if your electric rates are high, you might want to opt for higher % and less pump time. I usually have to adjust a few times in a season depending on pool temps, rain, etc.

cool thanks. I will play around with it a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.