Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My SWG specs says CYA 10-50 and FC 1-3? Should I listen to them or TFP??

1. Back To Top    #1

My SWG specs says CYA 10-50 and FC 1-3? Should I listen to them or TFP??

I just installed a Jandy Aquapure EI.

Specs say I need 4000-4500ppm of salt. 1-3FC and 10-50 CYA.

After reading pool school and a lot of research on this site, It seems I would fair better with 70-80CYA and 5-6FC??

What do you guys think??
    16x34 In-ground vinyl pool (22,000ish gallons), Sand Filter, K-2006 test kit, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My SWG specs says CYA 10-50 and FC 1-3? Should I listen to them or TFP??

I would say to follow TFPs advice. But you're free to do as you like. Try the SWG manufacturers specs and see what happens. My bet is that you will be running your pump and SWG constantly in trying to maintain their specs. When you get tired of that, try our methods. B

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

I have followed recommendations from the CYA?FC table and have had no problems with algae or anything. My SWG mfg recommends different levels as well but I trust the advice and experience of the folks here.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    I would say to follow TFPs advice. But you're free to do as you like. Try the SWG manufacturers specs and see what happens. My bet is that you will be running your pump and SWG constantly in trying to maintain their specs. When you get tired of that, try our methods. B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok thanks, also, how do I know or what is dependant on what % I run my SWG at? I can do 20/40/60/80 or 100%. What is ideal?
    16x34 In-ground vinyl pool (22,000ish gallons), Sand Filter, K-2006 test kit, SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

You can adjust your SWG % output &/or adjust pump run time. Our electricity is fairly cheap so I opt for lower % and more pump run time. You will have to experiment a little to see what is the "sweet spot" for your particular situation. Running less % is supposed to increase the cell life but again, if your electric rates are high, you might want to opt for higher % and less pump time. I usually have to adjust a few times in a season depending on pool temps, rain, etc.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Ksnewman View Post
    You can adjust your SWG % output &/or adjust pump run time. Our electricity is fairly cheap so I opt for lower % and more pump run time. You will have to experiment a little to see what is the "sweet spot" for your particular situation. Running less % is supposed to increase the cell life but again, if your electric rates are high, you might want to opt for higher % and less pump time. I usually have to adjust a few times in a season depending on pool temps, rain, etc.

cool thanks. I will play around with it a bit.