Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aerators

1. Back To Top    #1

Aerators

I have read multiple threads on various designs of aerators. Obviously I will need to experiment but my plan is to build something to connect to the 4 eyeball returns I have. I also have a small waterfall but not sure that will accomplish much.

My question is mainly on timing: I think I know the answer but it seems counter intuitive. Temps in DFW the past few days have been highs of 97 with relative humidity of 35% (5PM) and low of 79 with humidity at 77% (6AM). My pool water is around 91 degrees with the pump just running at nigh (no aerators other than waterfall).

Should I run the aerator/pump when temp is at the lowest but humidity the highest or vice versa when humidity is at the lowest?

This appears to be a popular topic given the summer time heat wave. I have a 9,000 gal gunite free form pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aerators

Night time running of a fountain helps a lot. My husband Skippy built us a fountain (see link in siggy line) and it dropped our pool water temp 5 degrees in one day the first evening we ran it.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aerators

Thanks...I read Skippy's aerator thread. I see you are in GA so probably experiencing the same pattern of humidity.

Seems like time of lower humidity would be better.
    9,000 gal free form gunite