Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PH during SLAM

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation PH during SLAM

hi,
    I thought I read somewhere to ignore my PH until slam is complete. My water is clearing up from the dead algae and my FC levels are still up. DO I just need POP? I am the most impatient person ever and I am trying not to play with the PH.
    16x48 Intex Ultra Pool
    3000 sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PH during SLAM

The reason we like to get the pH to 7.2 at the start of a SLAM procedure is that once you start adding vast amounts of chlorine to the pool and your FC is 10ppm or higher, the pH test is inaccurate.

If you're already in a SLAM procedure, don't worry about the pH. If your FC drops to less than 10, go ahead and test it, but otherwise wait until its over.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Finish the SLAM completely or you will probably get algae again.

Once you complete the SLAM, you should post a complete new set of numbers including your untouched pH.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks so much. Pool is slowly clearing up. I am trying not to test and add stuff. I mean.... trying to keep my spouse from adding stuff.
    16x48 Intex Ultra Pool
    3000 sand filter