Loss of Return Flow

Jun 27, 2016
Uxbridge
Re: Filter pressure problem

We replaced the sand in our filter this season. When starting the filter, it starts with lots of pressure into the pool through the return. After 45 minutes the pressure decreases so it doesn't filter properly or have enough suction to vacuum. Turning the pump motor off then on increases the pressure again but we lose it over 45 mins or so. Have tightened all fittings, checked 'O' rings, cleaned pump impeller. What could be causing this loss of pressure?

I'm not sure what more I should tell you about my pool other than what I've written in my signature. Here's what I wrote about my pool: Pro-Line | 11.2k gal (21' Round) AG | Chlorine | Sand Filter | 1 1/2 HP 1-Speed Pump (new in 2009) | Installed Pool July 1998 | Last Opened June 19, 2016

Here's my problem: We replaced the sand in our filter this season. When starting the filter, it starts with lots of pressure into the pool through the return. After 45 minutes the pressure decreases so it doesn't filter properly or have enough suction to vacuum. Turning the pump motor off then on increases the pressure again but we lose it over 45 mins or so. Have tightened all fittings, checked 'O' rings, cleaned pump impeller. What could be causing this loss of pressure?

Any help you can be is much appreciated. Thank you. Orlando

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.