Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loss of Return Flow

1. Back To Top    #1

Re: Filter pressure problem

We replaced the sand in our filter this season. When starting the filter, it starts with lots of pressure into the pool through the return. After 45 minutes the pressure decreases so it doesn't filter properly or have enough suction to vacuum. Turning the pump motor off then on increases the pressure again but we lose it over 45 mins or so. Have tightened all fittings, checked 'O' rings, cleaned pump impeller. What could be causing this loss of pressure?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Loss of Return Flow

What does your pool water look like? If you could add more details about your pool to your forum signature, that would help. You can do that here: Edit Signature
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Loss of Return Flow

I'm not sure what more I should tell you about my pool other than what I've written in my signature. Here's what I wrote about my pool: Pro-Line | 11.2k gal (21' Round) AG | Chlorine | Sand Filter | 1 1/2 HP 1-Speed Pump (new in 2009) | Installed Pool July 1998 | Last Opened June 19, 2016

Here's my problem: We replaced the sand in our filter this season. When starting the filter, it starts with lots of pressure into the pool through the return. After 45 minutes the pressure decreases so it doesn't filter properly or have enough suction to vacuum. Turning the pump motor off then on increases the pressure again but we lose it over 45 mins or so. Have tightened all fittings, checked 'O' rings, cleaned pump impeller. What could be causing this loss of pressure?

Any help you can be is much appreciated. Thank you. Orlando
    Pro-Line | 11.2k gal (21' Round) AG | Chlorine | Sand Filter | 1 1/2 HP 1-Speed Pump (new in 2009) | Installed Pool July 1998 | Last Opened June 19, 2016