Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doheny Discovery

1. Back To Top    #1

Doheny Discovery

Very close to pulling the trigger on this today......any reason I shouldn't?

Booster pump died 2 weeks ago & I'm wanting to make the move to robotics but hoping to keep it $700 or less
    20k gallons
    In ground plaster pool
    Hayward Pro-Grid DE4820, Pentair Whisperflow 2hp
    Spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Doheny Discovery

I have it and it works great. Pretty much the same thing as the Dolphin S200. According to Maytronics they handle all the warranty work, so you're covered there too.
    20K in-ground vinyl 32x16; Hayward Pro Series S244T sand filter with Hayward 1HP Super Pump,1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 2 returns; no heater; TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks.....looking to take advantage of the sale they're having right now

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine is running right now. Seems very nice so far. Just got it a few days ago. Climbs and cleans well. Does some wheelies for some reason? Very easy to clean.
    Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward EC-50 DE Filter, Rome/Solarium 105k Heat Pump, Aquabot Rover Jr - Deceased - looking to replace it

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Robl View Post
    Mine is running right now. Seems very nice so far. Just got it a few days ago. Climbs and cleans well. Does some wheelies for some reason? Very easy to clean.
    I was laughing at the wheelies. I figured out that those come from trapped air bubbles in the robot. You can remedy this by flipping it vertical or on its side before letting fall all the way down to the bottom of the pool.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

6. Back To Top    #6

Just pulled the trigger

Bummer part is I guess they have a Texas location because it charged me tax.....maybe that means it'll show up quicker

7. Back To Top    #7

Did any of you buy a caddy for this? I'm thinking of going ahead with it but would like to get a caddy for it. The s300 caddy would be the obvious choice but I haven't seen it selling separately. The other Dolphin caddies I see advertised all look the same but I just would like to get one that fits it well, holds the power supply, etc.
    30,000 gal IG concrete (Diamond-Brite)
    Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump VS
    Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes I bought this caddy:

Dolphin Robotic Cleaner Parts | Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast

There really isn't a great place for the control box though since it doesn't slide into the back. I fixed that by getting some of that heavy duty waterproof velcro and attaching it to the back of the caddy. Works great now!
    20K in-ground vinyl 32x16; Hayward Pro Series S244T sand filter with Hayward 1HP Super Pump,1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 2 returns; no heater; TF-100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Shoot! I wish I had seen this thread just a few days earlier before I purchased a Nautilus Plus from Epic Pool. I had wanted the S200/Active 20, but it wasn't available for less than $900 from local dealers. Oh well. The Nautilus Plus seems to have decent reviews.
    40x20 IG vinyl (~30k gallons) * Pentair FNS Plus DE filter * Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP pump * RayPak RP2100 natural gas heater * TF-100 test kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Delivered yesterday, popped it in the pool last night and let it work its magic. Super cool to watch it navigate the pool.

I didn't get a caddy but plan on looking into it

11. Back To Top    #11

Just got mine as well, so far so good. Dolphin also makes a universal caddy, not sure whether that one would hold the power supply. Looks like it might....

Dolphin 9996098-ASSY Robotic Caddy
    Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

I've got the Discovery last week and I just ordered this caddy which is the exact one to the s300.
    Dolphin Caddy 9996087-ASSY | Dolphin 9996087-ASSY

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by tienbaba View Post
    I've got the Discovery last week and I just ordered this caddy which is the exact one to the s300.
    Dolphin Caddy 9996087-ASSY | Dolphin 9996087-ASSY
    Thanks! Going to order it as well.
    Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

14. Back To Top    #14

No prob. On a side note, I noticed that the Discovery uses the control box of the s300 which has bluetooth. I tried pairing it with the app but it does not seem to work. I know that the s300 and s300i has issues pairing so I wondering if anyone got it to work?

15. Back To Top    #15

No prob. On a side note, I noticed that the Discovery uses the control box of the s300 which has bluetooth. I tried pairing it with the app but it does not seem to work. I know that the s300 and s300i has issues pairing so I wondering if anyone got it to work?
    I noticed the same thing and came up empty handed. I think the control box has everything needed to make it function as an S300, but requires the proper signal from the unit itself. Also, I did notice a weight difference in the S series specifications. The S200 weighs less, than the S300 models, which might account for a missing control board... maybe..?
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

16. Back To Top    #16

If you look at the connector on the power supply, it has 4 prongs, but the cable coming from the robot only has 2. Guessing the other two may be used on the s300 for additional functionality.

What is the best strategy for using the two different filters? Use the coarse ones for routine cleaning of leaves, twigs, etc. and then the fine ones on occasion to pick up small debris?
    Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

Considering order this too. Was going to get a suction cleaner but this is a good value.

But do I have to wait for a month for new plaster/pebble to cure? I will need to test it at least.

If I wait sale may be over.
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100

18. Back To Top    #18

I ordered it today and it is scheduled for delivery Thursday.
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100

19. Back To Top    #19

I too bought one. I don't even have the pool yet. building in Easter NC to start Friday
    Installing:16x32 rectangle 18,000-ish gal Sport depth 3 1/2' shallow to 5.5' in the middle
    Cartridge filter - Hayward Swimclear 325sqft, Hayward V/S tristar 1.8hp
    SWG Hayward aquaplus
    Cleaner - Dohney Discovery

20. Back To Top    #20

Long time to wait. Do you have a neighbor with a pool to test it. I guess you didn't want to miss the sale like me.

Just got my pool finished and supposed to wait 28 days before using. It will be only 14 days if it arrives as promised on Thursday.

But, I'll have to test it before putting it into full service. Also have to decide on a name for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast