Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trouble with Multiport Valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Trouble with Multiport Valve

I've been getting sand in my pool after a backwash and water is coming out of the waste line when the filter is set to filter. My searching is leading me to believe that I have a bad spider gasket. I'm considering replacing the entire Key, Cover and Handle Assembly. I can't determine the exact Hayward model I have since the numbers are all faded off. I've attached a photo of my current one and I think I'm going to replace it with this one from Amazon: Hayward SPX0714BA Key, Cover and Handle Assembly Replacement for Hayward SP0714T Multiport Valves and Sand Systems: Patio, Lawn Garden

Can anyone identify what model I have and confirm if the one on Amazon will fit?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Trobule with Multipoty Valve

Looks to be a top mount valve. Any recent model of top mount filter has this valve: SP0714T. That part you linked is a replacement part for this valve.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons