THANK YOU! New SLAM believer!

Jun 27, 2016
Medinah, IL
This is my first post to this forum - and I just wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to everyone who posts on this site. Bit of background - we're currently renting a place with our own pool - after growing up with a pool, I thought this would be easy! Boy, was I wrong. What started as a black, swamp is now a crystal clear pool after about a month of dillydallying with the pool store people and FINALLY learning about the SLAM process. We tried literally everything you could think of from the pool store, because we had thought they were experts :( . While it did help, bringing the pool to a minty cloudy green - and then once to a swimmable clear only to turn minty green less than a week later.

After exhausting all of the pool stores options (and our wallets!!) we came across this awesome site. We purchased a FAS DPD test kit, and after a week of SLAM (a bit overkill at the beginning with CYA at 30 and FC at 45) we finally have our CC's under control, a clear pool and a happy wife - all in time for our upcoming 4th of July BBQ.

So again, thank you all - we now know to avoid those stores and hopefully we dont have to SLAM again for the rest of the year!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.