Things are not what I thought

May 11, 2016
MD
Sure, you read as much as you can, and try to figure it all out, and I guess I just assumed that the pool school math is correct, which it probably is, and ran with it... but it is probably the bleach that isn't as strong as it should be... even at 2 months old.

so, last night FC 9.5 This morning FC 9.5. i was testing PH. 7.6 or 7.7.. I then put in a gallon, half at a time, in an hour, from WM 10%. checked it 25 mins later. it was at 11.5. added half gallon of 12% from Ollies. checked it again it was still 11.5... wasn't running my pump to fast... so maybe is still mixing... may go check it before i leave for work just to see.

I am learning things may not be what I thought, and I am losing a lot less FC a day then i thought, cause the Chlorine wasn't as strong as it should be and was never as high as I assumed to begin with... :(

PS CYA is 100

beginning of the season... and on a well. pool store told me to keep shocking it, and then did cal hypo after that didn't work... I am sure the CYA was fine before all the shock and pucks... changed a week to late to doing it this way...

You may want to consider bringing the CYA down to a more manageable number. Use the rain to your advantage and drain some water out and let mother nature fill the pool up.

You may want to consider bringing the CYA down to a more manageable number. Use the rain to your advantage and drain some water out and let mother nature fill the pool up.

I may get 5 inches of rain a summer... so with the roof might be 10 inches total... last year I didn't get rain from the beginning of June till the end of August, then we got 7 inches in one night... This year is looking better than last so far, but it isn't even July yet.

if your bleach additions are consistently not raising FC as pool math would indicate, after trying different brands or strengths, it usually means your pool is larger than you think. Adjust the gallon size at the top of pool math (no commas! 10000 not 10,000 gallons)

if your bleach additions are consistently not raising FC as pool math would indicate, after trying different brands or strengths, it usually means your pool is larger than you think. Adjust the gallon size at the top of pool math (no commas! 10000 not 10,000 gallons)

even at 30k which I am quite sure it isn't.. only 2 cups difference for the same number. it is a sport pool, 3.5 on both sides and 5 in the middle.

Maybe the pool just has really bad circulation. has one skimmer on each 40 foot side, and 2 floor things in the middle. and 3 returns spaced out about 8 feet each on one 40 foot side.

So maybe I need longer to measure... guess i will try again when i get home and it would be funny if it were 14 to 15

a small one near the mountains... it goes around us a lot, but seriously. it never rained last year. we get a lot before june july and august, and then after, but the summer is dry a lot. I never really paid attention till I had a pool

BTW. it was FC 13.5 when I got home... so it seems like it needs quite a bit of time to mix it around. figure 2 ppm loss with 90 degrees and sunny all day... guess it worked after all :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.