Hello from Ohio

Jun 27, 2016
Centerburg, OH
This will be our 5th summer with our pool. We have an above ground, 28 foot, 17,000 gal pool. I live in central Ohio and we have well water. I'm going to be active in the Algae - Prevention and Treatment forum for awhile until I get my pool clear again. :(

Welcome to TFP!

If you have algae, you will need to do a SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain to get rid of it. You will also need one of the Recommended Test Kits in order to measure the higher chlorine levels required by the SLAM. I use the TF-100 because it's the best value and they have a freshness guarantee. You can order it here: TFTestkits.net. They ship fast - you should have it in your hands in 2-3 days with normal shipping.

Thanks! I already ordered one earlier today. I have been fighting with it and going to the pool store multiple times a week trying to get this figured out. I am done with them and am going to try a SLAM once I get my test kit. I have made progress and it is more gray than green now so hoping to have some progress by the weekend.