Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Folding and storing Loop Loc cover

Folding and storing Loop Loc cover

Hello
    Tomorrow I will attempt to fold my loop loc cover that was taken off by the workers and thrown in the corner of my property. I will have to hose it off first. Any ideas as to the easiest way to fold it so it fits in the bag would be great. Do the spring mechanisms stay on or do I take them off? I have a 18' by 40.5' by 8' pool so I was thinking of folding over the 8' section onto the main part of the cover (this part of the cover has the corner missing, look at picture), as well as the small swim out section.
    I would like to place it in the shed but will use the garage if need be

Thanks in advance for the help

Over the winter we only had rebar holding it down as the patio wasn't installed yet. This fall the anchors will be set in after it goes back to Loop Loc to be redone to accommodate the raised patio by the water feature.
    Tom

Re: Folding and storing Loop Loc cover

Yes, fold the extensions of the cover to make it as "square-ish" as possible then you and a friend fan fold the cover section by section. If after fan folding the cover is wider than the length of the storage bag, fold the cover in half then roll tightly. Store off the ground by hanging or in a large storage container.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp