Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 8x30" pool help

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 8x30" pool help

Got this pool tonight for the kids. It has a filter and pump included.
    The pool is 639 gallons
    What kind of chemicals should I be getting or is house hold products the way to go?
    First time owning a pool with a pump
    Any help is appreciated

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 8x30" pool help

I did the tiny pool before we got the little pool. This is year 2 on the little pool. Use the pool math calculator to get your borax added, then some baking soda. Bring down the pH with muriatic acid. Then get bleach into it. All I used the first 2 years was the cheap as heck pool test kit that did chlorine and pH. I spitballed the rest, and figured it's so small I could dump it and try again, and be out only a few bucks. The only thing I'd say if spitballed is use powdered shock for a week then quit and go only bleach, it will get you some cya cheap. Only go back to the powder when the chlorine starts going too fast.

3. Back To Top    #3
    TFP Guide
    Central PA

26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new pool! Definitely follow the guide PAGirl posted for you.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach