Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Limited info on reverse polarity.

1. Back To Top    #1

Limited info on reverse polarity.

I've been flipping the polarity manually for a few months but would like to incorporate a DPDT timed relay.

Anyone see a issue with this?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Limited info on reverse polarity.

Are you taking about a SWG? If so, all the modern ones automatically reverse polarity to help keep the cell clean.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes a swg. Ive been flipping the polarity manually. With a DPDT switch, now I'm looking into wiring in a timed relay

5. Back To Top    #5

What swg do you have?

6. Back To Top    #6

Intex, on its 3rd year.. Well the swg plates are on its 3rd year. Year 1 the gfci went, and last year the internal board went out. So it's on a outdoor utility timer with a gfci on the pool circuit.
    The system kicks on 2 hours before I get home from work. When I arrive I flip a DPDT switch. Doing this I only end up with the center plates becoming partially clogged about every 7 months.

18'x24" AGP Aftermarket pump hard plumbed, also a in-wall skimmer was added last year.