Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The TFPC Method really works- My short story and big thanks!!

1. Back To Top    #1

The TFPC Method really works- My short story and big thanks!!

I'm new to TFP as of last July. This place is miraculous. My story.

I've had my pool (27' diameter) for 7 or 8 years. Two years ago started having a problem getting a chlorine reading. Was able to get the water looking OK but struggled with it going green (no chlorine, hmmm, I wonder why). Went to the local pool store and got a small box of chemicals and spent over $100. Didn't fix my problem. "Bring your water in again and we'll tell you what you need." "You may have chlorine lock." "You'll need massive amounts of shock." I struggled through the season and was glad when I could close the pool.

Last year started the same way. Couldn't get a chlorine reading. Started getting serious on the web searching for an answer. Many articles about chlorine lock. I was believing it. Went to the local pool store. Same situation- buy lots of their chemicals and hope for the best. After testing my water, they "confirmed" that I had chlorine lock. "You'll need 48 bags of shock." Yikes!! This didn't sound right.

Back to the internet and finally stumbled on to this site. After lurking around trying to see if this was legit or another bogus site, I became a believer or was at least desperate enough to try the TFPC method and SLAMing my pool. I was on vacation in mid July of last year and after having purchased a TF100 test kit started slamming. Long story short, three days and 28 gallons of shock later problem solved !!! Slamming really worked. My pool was easy to take care of the rest of the season.

Started out this year with a green pond (need a new winter cover). Started slamming on a Saturday and by next Saturday we were swimming. It took a few weeks for it to really sparkle but it is beautiful now and easy to maintain.

I bought my chemicals from Rural King (liquid chlorine to shock, 3" tabs and 4# of CYA) and only spent just over $100 for my seasons worth of chemicals. No clarifier, no Phosfree, no mineral cartridges, no algaecide, etc, etc. (all things that I bought before).

TFP.com is the best and I share this story all the time with others that have pools.

Huge thanks.

Greg
    Last edited by Bif_; 06-26-2016 at 07:41 PM. Reason: grammar
    27' round, above ground, 17,170 gallons with paper cartridge filter element

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The TFPC Method really works- My short story and big thanks!!

Welcome to TFP!

Great to hear stories like this. Awesome that you were able to follow the information without ever having to ask a question!

If you are able, please consider using some of your $ savings to help support the forum so we can keep helping people
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Way to go Greg! Thanks for the testimonial.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Welcome to TFP!

Great to hear stories like this. Awesome that you were able to follow the information without ever having to ask a question!

If you are able, please consider using some of your $ savings to help support the forum so we can keep helping people

Done. Bronze member.
    27' round, above ground, 17,170 gallons with paper cartridge filter element

5. Back To Top    #5

Done. Bronze member
    Outstanding! You'll see your badge update soon. Thanks very much for supporting the site.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Another success story thanks for sharing Bif! This site and it`s members is as good as its gets.
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

7. Back To Top    #7

Awesome! Thanks for the story and thanks for supporting TFP! Nice badge!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Thats a great story Greg. I never get tired of reading about success, and thanks for supporting TFP.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!