Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: JHook Liner In Bead Reciever

1. Back To Top    #1

JHook Liner In Bead Reciever

My wife started to install the pool liner today before I got home from running an errand. There's no water in the pool yet. The liner is a uni-bead. You can take the j-hook portion off and then it becomes a beaded liner. She did the install with the j-hook in the bead receiver. Will this cause a problem in the future? Would it help to install bead-lock or is it best to re-install the liner by removing the j-hook portion?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: JHook Liner In Bead Reciever

It would be best to remove the J-hook and install the bead in the receiver. Since there's no water in it, it shouldn't be too much to remove the j-hook section and insert the bead.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: JHook Liner In Bead Reciever

thanks that's what I'm thinking. I got home during the install and helped finish it, but didn't catch it. Then last night something was bothering me about the install so I went out and looked things over again. FWIW, the pool at our old house I think I installed the liner with the j-hook in the bead receiver. That may be why I had some issues with it coming out.