Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Filter: issues with sand and air.

1. Back To Top    #1

New Filter: issues with sand and air.

I finally got a sand filter to replace the cheap one that came with the cheap pool.

So I got the biggest cheap filter I could.

Here's the issues:
    1: there is sand in the pool. How much is too much? If I were to estimate it would be a tablespoon or less. It does come back a bit after a vacuum, but seems to be decreasing.

2: if I let the pump run for more than a couple hours the sight glass is getting many air bubbles and I need to stop and bleed. Also whenever the pump is turned off lots of air goes into the sight glass and pool. I'm pretty sure I don't have any leaks.
    100$ Intex 12'x30" (year 2)
    Intex 3000 gph filter/pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Filter: issues with sand and air.

And right after I wrote this I turned the pump off and no air at All. Almost 3 weeks and now it works like I think it should just after posting about it.

3. Back To Top    #3

THAT's how good we are here at TFP. We anticipate problems before they happen and fix them while you type.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Dude. I call it "technician proximity effect" at work.