Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need a bit of help with a set up

1. Back To Top    #1

Canada, Montreal

need a bit of help with a set up

Hi everybody.

It is my second summer as a pool owner and while I finally got a grip on pool chemistry I do have a problem with a set up. I have 18 feet above ground pool with center drain, one skimmer and one return. I have seen the pool in other houses and most of them have a whirlpool of water in the center above the main drain and I can also see water moving around the pool. Somehow I can not achieve that effect. My under skimmer valve is set on draining from both center and skimer, I tested my center drain and it is sucking water, I pointed return nozzle away from skimmer and I get a bit of water movement, but nowhere near what I see in other pools. I would greatly appreciate any input on this matter. Thank you kindly

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: need a bit of help with a set up

Hi, welcome to TFP! I don't know if you have a law like this in Canada, but a few years back America passed the Virginia Grahame Baker At. It requires drains to be installed so there is no risk of entrapment. The size of your pump would also effect how pull you see at the main drain.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!